Special Education Paraeducators - Kalama School District
We are recruiting for several Special Education Paraeducators to serve the Kalama School District for the 2023-24 school year. All positions will work a school year schedule:
- Kalama Elementary, 32.5 hrs/wk - 2 openings
- Kalama MS/HS, 32.5 hrs/wk - 3 openings
Reporting directly to the Special Education Teacher, the Special Education Paraeducator is responsible for supporting and assisting students with disabilities in various school settings. The Special Education Paraeducator, consistent with the individual education plan (IEP) or individual family service plan (IFSP) assists the Special Education Teacher with lesson plan preparation; one-on-one and small group instruction; classroom management; student observation and assessment; and communication with parents and staff.
Newly hired paraeducators will be placed on steps 1 - 3 of our salary schedule ($17.63 - $18.94 per hour). Step placement will be based on years of verified paraeducator or teacher experience.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Associate's Degree OR
- 48 sem./72 quarter credits from an accredited college or university; OR
- Passing score of 461 on the ParaPro Assessment.
For a complete list of job functions, qualifications, and to apply, please visit the online job postings at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/esd112?keywords=kalama